Kecap manis is the sweet, salty, secret ingredient here -- coating the noodles and veggies in the iconic flavours of this beloved Indonesian dish. It makes a great next-day lunch too, if you don't finish it all for dinner!
You will need
- 600g medium or thin noodles, fresh or dried*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or sub water)
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g tofu, cubed
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
20 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Prepare the noodles according to its packet instructions. Set aside.
Heat the oil in large fry pan or wok over high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the tofu, all the vegetables and the sauce. Sauté for 3 minutes or until the vegetables start to change in colour. If the vegetables or sauce is burning, add a splash of water to slow down the cooking.
Add the noodles and mix until everything is evenly distributed and heated through.
Divide the noodles into bowls and serve immediately.