It looks like a pie, it smells like you're in a fancy little bakery, and it tastes like sweet, crumbly heaven. But the reality is it takes 10 minutes to throw this together and pop it in the oven at home. Go ahead, impress yourself!
You will need
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal, spelt or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, coconut oil or coconut paste, melted
- Vegan ice cream or thick vanilla flavoured coconut yoghurt
10 mins to prep
15 mins to bake
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Add the blueberries, apple, sweetener, flour and cinnamon (if using) to an oven-safe baking dish. Toss until combined.
Add all the crumble ingredients to a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together until it resembles a coarse crumble. Sprinkle on top of the fruit in the baking dish.
Bake the crumble for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Serve the crumble with vegan ice cream or a dollop of thick, vanilla bean coconut yoghurt.