Use this hack to infuse your granola (and fill your home) with the sweet, comforting, warm aroma of banana bread without actually going through the trouble of making banana bread ;)
You will need
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 4 cups rolled oats (or buckwheat if gluten free)
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
5 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until very well combined.
Spread the granola over two lined baking trays.
Bake the granola for 20 minutes. Mix the granola 10-15 minutes into the baking time to prevent the edges from burning.
Allow the granola to cool on the baking tray.
Serve with plant-based milk or yoghurt. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.