The ever-trendy and oh-so-dreamy crispy cauliflower wing gets a new twist -- with this sweet & salty glaze that packs a flavour like no other. A sweet nectar of the gods!
You will need
- 1 cup chickpea or plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup soy or almond milk (can sub water, in which case use a little less)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or sub with 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (can omit if avoiding oil)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
15 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray.
To make the batter for the cauliflower, combine the flour, milk and seasonings in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
To make the ‘honey’ sauce, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter shaking off the excess. Place the battered cauliflower on the lined baking tray making sure they aren’t overlapping.
Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
When the cauliflower is cool enough to touch, place all of them in a large serving bowl or deep serving plate. Drizzle the honey sauce over the cauliflower and toss until combined. Serve the cauliflower hot with rice or as desired.