For breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or a shareable snack, really!) -- these little fritters go down a treat, particularly when dunked in a light, creamy natural coconut yoghurt!
You will need
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground sage (or herbs and spices of choice)
- 1 tablespoon onion or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural flavoured coconut yoghurt
5 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays.
Use a food processor or hand-held grater to grate the zucchinis and carrots. A fine-medium grater is ideal.
Add the grated vegetables and rest of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
Scoop about 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture into circular fritters and place it on the lined baking trays. Repeat until you have used up the mixture.
Bake the fritters for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven, carefully flip each fritter and return them to the oven. Bake the fritters for another 5 minutes or until they are golden brown on all sides.
Serve the fritters warm with natural coconut yoghurt.