You will need
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or sub water)
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 2 avocados, flesh only
- 2 limes
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage (about 1/4 of a whole red cabbage)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 10-15 soft tacos, gluten free or paleo if needed
20 mins to prep
10 mins to cook
Place a large fry pan over high heat. Add the butter beans, all the spices and olive oil and sauté until fragrant. Add the bbq sauce and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Add the avocado flesh and juice of 1 lime to a small bowl. Mash with a fork until it forms a chunky paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the cabbage and a generous pinch of salt to a bowl. Mix until combined.
Warm up the tacos according to its packet instructions.
Fill each taco with the bbq butter beans, cabbage, tomatoes and corn. Top with the mashed avocado and coriander. Season with salt, pepper and the extra lime, if desired. Serve immediately.