Is it breakfast? Dessert? An after-school snack? This scrumptious oat bake is versatile, super quick to throw together, and nutritious as its sweetness comes naturally from the bananas and berries!
You will need
- 2–3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
5 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Add the bananas to a large oven-safe casserole dish and use a fork to mash them thoroughly.
Add the oats, milk, half the coconut, ground flax or chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla and salt to the casserole dish. Mix everything until well combined. Smooth the surface with a spoon or spatula.
Scatter the blueberries and the remaining coconut on top of the oats
Bake the oats for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Enjoy the oats warm with plant-based milk, coconut yoghurt or additional fruit.