If you're a beginner in the kitchen -- this recipe is your friend! Impossible to screw up, this curry is also super filling, wholesome, nutritious, and utterly delicious!
You will need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or sub water)
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons massaman curry paste*
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 red capsicum, core removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Rice, to serve
To serve (optional)
- Handful of Thai basil
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
20 mins to prep
25 mins to cook
Heat the oil in large fry pan or wok over high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, curry paste and cinnamon and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the coconut milk and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the chickpeas, beans, capsicum and half the peanuts and reduce the heat to medium-low.
Let the curry simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
Divide into bowls, top with the remaining peanuts, Thai basil and chilli if desired. Serve with hot rice.