Ideal for a weekend brunch when you feel it's time to treat yo'self. Make some extra sour cream while you're at it to add to a Mexican dinner later in the week!
You will need
Lime & Coriander Sour Cream
- 300 g silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small garlic clove,
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- 2 corn cobs, husked and shucked (or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed)
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño chilli pepper, finely diced (slice and reserve other 1/2 for garnish)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 400 g tin (1 cup) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice & zest of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch dried red chilli flakes
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
Chipotle Tofu Scramble
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 250 g firm tofu, well drained* and crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tortillas, warmed**
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Coriander to garnish
- 6 lime wedges
40 mins to prep
15 mins to cook
To make sour cream, place all ingredients into a high speed blender and process until smooth. Chill until needed.
To make salsa, place a cast iron pan over high heat, add the corn kernels and roast until slightly charred and blackened, about 7-8 minutes.
Place the charred corn into a bowl with the remaining salsa ingredients and toss to combine. Set aside half of the salsa to put inside the burritos, reserving the other half for topping.
Finally, for the chipotle tofu scramble, place the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the turmeric, cumin, tofu and garlic and fry together for 1-2 minutes. Add the chilli, adobo sauce, spinach and water and cook, stirring, until the water evaporates and the spinach has wilted through.
To build your burritos, place a warmed tortilla on a plate, spoon on some of the scrambled tofu and some corn salsa, then fold one side over the filling, roll and wrap to close.
Top them with sour cream, more salsa, avocado slices, reserved jalapeño slices, and coriander leaves; serve with a slice of lime on the side.
Pat yourself on the back -- this is a multi-layered accomplishment!