Fresh, light, and super easy to throw together -- this is a perfect salad to brighten up a backyard barbeque or heavier meal!
You will need
- 4 serves of regular or wholemeal pita bread, torn into pieces (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of baby cos lettuce, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 cup mint, loosely packed and chopped
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
10 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Toss the pieces of pita bread with the olive oil and scatter them on a large baking tray.
Bake the pita for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside.
Add the lettuce, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, mint and parsley to a large salad bowl. Toss until combined.
To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Right before serving, add the toasted pita and dressing to the salad. Toss until combined and serve.