Fresh, light, and super easy to throw together -- this is a perfect salad to brighten up a backyard barbeque or heavier meal!
You will need
- 4 serves of regular or wholemeal pita bread, torn into pieces (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of baby cos lettuce, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 cup mint, loosely packed and chopped
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
10 mins to prep
15 mins to cook
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Toss the pieces of pita bread with the olive oil and scatter them on a large baking tray.
Bake the pita for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside.
Add the lettuce, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, mint and parsley to a large salad bowl. Toss until combined.
To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Right before serving, add the toasted pita and dressing to the salad. Toss until combined and serve.
Sub tahini for the olive oil if you’re after a creamier dressing!