Light, zesty, and sweet, this is the last noodle salad recipe you'll ever need. If you're making this for tomorrow's lunch, be sure to pack the peanuts and fried shallots separately until you're ready to chow down!
You will need
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, grated
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan fish sauce (or vegan oyster sauce)*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g rice noodles
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- fried Asian shallots, for sprinkling
20 mins to prep
10 mins to cook
Place cabbage, carrot, capsicums and cucumber in a large bowl. Stir to combine, then set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together maple syrup, salt, vegan fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, stock powder and olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
Cook the rice noodles following the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain again. Toss the noodles through the vegetable mixture. Pour the dressing over and gently mix through.
Just before serving, mix the basil leaves through. Garnish with peanuts, sprinkle with fried shallots and serve. Top with thinly sliced red chilli if you like a bit of heat!