When you get the opportunity to try some native Australian fruits, DO IT. Fresh, wholesome, and nutrient-packed, the lilly pillies and Ooray plum give this dish a uniquely Australian flavour.
You will need
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, diced
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 20 lilly pillies (or can sub 20 grapes)
- 2 Ooray plums (or can sub 2 plums)
- 1 tamarind
- 1 can white beans
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 shallot, finely diced
15 mins to prep
mins to cook
Add the vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, and shallot to a bowl and mix to combine.
Then add the cucumber, tomatoes and chilli.
Take the seeds out of the native fruits and dice up the flesh. Add them to the bowl, along with the beans, and mix everything together very well to incorporate not only flavour but colour.
Portion out into bowls, or serve on a big ol' serving plate, and relish the special flavours of Oz!