Ah, just like mama used to make it. If your mama happens to be from Alabama, and a divine cook.
You will need
- 340 g (2 cups) cornmeal (polenta)
- 150 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 500 ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 75 g (1/4 cup) apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
15 mins to prep
40 mins to cook
Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray a 20 x 10 cm loaf tin with olive oil spray. Set aside.
Place cornmeal, plain flour and baking powder in a large bowl and mix together.
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together almond milk, coconut oil, apple sauce and rice malt syrup. Pour mixture into flour and stir to combine thoroughly.
Transfer mixture to loaf tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and turn out onto drying rack. Serve warm or cold.