The best salads tend to have one thing in common: balance. A variety of textures and flavour profiles -- crunchy kale, creamy avocado, juicy citrus -- make this one a gorgeous, satisfying medley.
You will need
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Juice of 1 small lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
20 mins to prep
3 mins to cook
Toast the pumpkin seeds over low heat in a non-stick frying pan. Remove from pan and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Wash the kale, then strip the leaves off the tough central stems. Roughly chop the leaves and sprinkle with the sea salt. Vigorously massage the salt into the leaves; you'll quickly see them turn a glossy, bright green.
Place the kale in a serving bowl. Add the orange, avocado and spring onion and gently toss together. Sprinkle with the coriander and toasted pumpkin seeds, drizzle with the dressing and serve.