As delicious and nourishing as it is beautiful -- this soup comes together super easily, and it's adaptable. Add more beans for extra protein, or double the kale if your body is craving greens.
You will need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sub water)
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups vegan chicken-style stock
- 1 cup kale leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream or yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Crusty bread
- Lemon wedge (optional)
10 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Add the oil and onion to a medium pot over high heat and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and rosemary and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the potatoes and beans then sauté for 1 minute until they are covered in onion and garlic.
Stir in the stock and kale and cook for another 15 minutes.
Use a stick blender to blend half the soup. Alternatively, remove half the soup and blend in a stand blender until it reaches your desired consistency. Return the soup to the pot and stir through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with coconut cream and smoked paprika. Serve with crusty bread.