Not your average milk-and-cookies pairing, this one is sure to impress. The rich, spicy chocolate begs for dipping, and the sweet, nutty flavours of the cookie make for a perfect match!
You will need
- 3 cups almond milk
- 100 g dairy-free dark chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons agave syrup (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste)
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup raw sugar (crystals)
15 mins to prep
20 mins to cook
Place all hot chocolate ingredients (except cinnamon) in a saucepan over low to medium heat and stir until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients start to emulsify. Pour into 2 mugs and place a cinnamon quill in each.
For the cookies, preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the raw sugar, and mix together. Roll into 20 evenly sized balls, then roll in the raw sugar to coat. Place on the baking trays and flatten using the bottom of a glass, forming a flat round disc.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until crisp and browned.
Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.