Curry is one of those secretly easy dinners that you can whip up effortlessly thanks to pre-made curry pastes! Experiment with different curries and veggies, or make this one every time -- we wouldn't blame you.
You will need
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan yellow curry paste*
- 400 ml tin light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 500 g Kent pumpkin, skin removed and cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Quinoa or steamed rice
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
15 mins to prep
25 mins to cook
Heat oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Stir through coconut milk, sugar and soy sauce, then add pumpkin pieces and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
Gently stir through chickpeas and spinach leaves and heat until spinach has wilted.
Serve over rice or quinoa, topped with peanuts and coriander leaves.