The roasted red peppers are key, bringing an essential smoky sweetness to this dip, while the lemon and chilli complement it with just the right amount of bite.
You will need
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 large (375 g) roasted red peppers (from a jar is fine)
- 1 piece (25-30 g) vegan bread, roughly torn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
10 mins to prep
8 mins to cook
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the walnuts on a baking tray and toast for 7-8 minutes; let them cool for a few minutes.
Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
Serve with crackers, over roasted vegetables, or as part of a mezze platter.