This delicately aromatic chia pudding is a glorious way to start your day. Nutritious, light, and comes together in 3 ridiculously easy steps!
You will need
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup any plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon beetroot powder, for colour (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut or other plant-based yoghurt
15 mins to prep
1 hour to chill
To make the chia pudding, place all the ingredients in a lidded container and whisk to combine. Cover and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
To make the baklava-style nuts, add the nuts to a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cinnamon and maple syrup then pulse until combined.
Whisk the chia pudding again and divide into 2 glasses or bowls. Top with the yoghurt and nuts and serve.