Because we believe pizza is a basic human right, and your kind dietary choices should not prevent you from enjoying this treasured cuisine.
You will need
- 7 g dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 g (1 cup) wholemeal flour
- 225 g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 jar chargrilled marinated eggplant
- 4 button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup vegan cheese, grated
- Basil leaves, to serve
30 mins to prep
15 mins to cook
Preheat oven to 200°C if fan-forced (220°C conventional).
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup of warm water.
Mix together flours, olive oil and salt. Stir in the yeast mixture and mix well to form a dough.
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Divide dough into two and roll each portion of dough on a floured surface to around 1 cm in thickness. Transfer to a large tray or pizza stone.
Spread pizza sauce over base using the back of a spoon, leaving about 2 cm around edge. Top with onion, tomato, eggplant, mushrooms, olives and sprinkle over cheese (or try our stretchy, gooey, melty mozzarella!). Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.