You'll feel a remarkable sense of satisfaction turning these simple veggies into a crave-worthy, bread-dunking soup -- a green one, no less!
You will need
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 zucchinis, thickly sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, roughly chopped
10 mins to prep
25 mins to cook
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Add zucchini, potatoes, stock and salt and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until potato is very soft.
Add peas, lemon and mint and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes until peas float to the surface.
Blend using a stick blender and serve topped with extra mint leaves and cracked black pepper.