Let's face it, a can of "baked beans" that you popped in the microwave for a minute doesn't quite feel home-cooked. This one is still minimal effort, but significantly more rewarding.
You will need
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800 g (2 tins) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 thick slices sourdough toast, to serve
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
15 mins to prep
15 mins to cook
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, capsicum and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Add beans and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
Add all other ingredients and cook for 3-4 minutes or until capsicum is soft.
Serve over toasted sourdough and top with parsley.