For those who like their sweet with a bit of a kick, these nuts are a spectacular balance of the two! If you're preparing for a party, may as well just go ahead and double the recipe.
You will need
- 1 cup each of walnuts, cashews, and pecans
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
5 mins to prep
15 mins to cook
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place all ingredients into a bowl, and mix well to combine. Spread over the lined tray and toast for 10 minutes. Then stir the nuts, and toast for another 5-10 minutes until glossy.
Remove nuts from the oven, and cool on a separate plate. Once they have cooled completely, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.