These savoury muffins are a delicious way to sneak some veggies into your routine. If you're keen on a bit of Sunday meal prep, they make a nice grab-n-go style breakfast for those busy mornings through the week.
You will need
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 80 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 green olives, pitted and halved
- 35 g (1/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 150 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 100 g (3/4 cup) wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
20 mins to prep
25 mins to cook
Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly coat muffin tin with olive oil spray. Set aside.
Place a large saucepan over high heat. Pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add onion, carrot, spinach, and oregano, stirring for a minute before reducing heat to medium.
Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes or until the onion has softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl mix plain flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, whisk 1/4 cup water with vinegar and remaining oil. Pour liquid mixture into dry and mix to combine. Finally, add the cooked veggies and gently combine.
Transfer into muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.