Simple, packed with flavour, and versatile -- this mayo is excellent on virtually any deli-style sandwich, served with hot chips, or even alongside some roasted veggies!
You will need
- 300 g silken tofu
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2–3 teaspoons sweet white miso paste (shiro miso)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar cane syrup*
- 2 teaspoons mild-flavoured olive oil
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 20 basil leaves, roughly chopped
5 mins to prep
0 mins to cook
Simply place all the ingredients, except the basil, in a blender and blitz for 12–15 seconds, or until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, stir the basil through and season to taste.
Alternatively, you can blend the basil along with the rest of the ingredients to create a light green mayo.
For the best flavour, make the mayo near serving time; but it will keep in the fridge for a day or two.